NetSuite is a cloud-based business management software platform that provides a comprehensive suite of applications for various industry tasks like financials, customer relationship management (CRM), e-commerce, inventory management, and more. The purpose of NetSuite is to help businesses streamline their operations, improve efficiency, and to gain real-time visibility into their financial and operational data.
However, it is important to note that not all the features of NetSuite are customizable, some of them are listed down below.
Some common examples of scriptable records include:
- Custom Records: Records that you create to store custom data specific to your business needs.
- Transactions: Records such as Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Invoices, etc.
- Customers, Vendors, Employees: Records representing entities your business interacts with.
- Items: Records for products, services, or other items you deal with in your business.
- Custom Record Types: Records derived from standard record types but with added customizations.
Non-scriptable records, on the other hand, are those types of records in NetSuite that cannot be directly customized or manipulated using SuiteScripts. SuiteScript APIs are not available for these records, and they are typically part of the core functionalities of NetSuite.
Some examples of non-scriptable records include:
- Currency: Records representing different currencies used in transactions.
- Accounting Periods: Records defining fiscal periods for financial reporting.
- Roles and Permissions: Records governing user roles and permissions.
- Reports: Custom reports based on the data lies within NetSuite.